Our goal is to build Greene County as a destination and stimulate our economy by promoting the businesses, attractions and scenic natural beauty that make us unique. We are members of the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association and the Waynesburg Area Chamber of Commerce.
Members of Greene County Tourism receive exclusive membership benefits, including:
- All Greene County Tourist Promotion Agency (GCTPA) members are listed in the Greene County Official Visitors Guide which is distributed at 15 Pennsylvania Welcome Centers, tourist promotion agencies and convention bureaus across the state, Greene County hotel and motels, and Greene County brochure centers. Additionally, we mail out over 3,000 copies by request to inquiring visitors across the country and internationally. Members are also listed on our website with direct links to their websites and social media.
- When the GCTPA is contacted for area information by visitors, residents and media, we refer them to our members first.
- The GCTPA helps promote Greene County through social media and online marketing. We will also be introducing an email newsletter reaching over 4,000 individuals monthly.
- Let us know about your events! Our members’ events are promoted and publicized by the GCTPA.
- GCTPA Members have special access to grant funding for their tourist-related projects. Grant information and availability is released at the beginning of the year.
- Advertising can be expensive for an individual business and organization. We make it affordable for our members through co-op advertising in regional and statewide publications.
- NEW FOR 2017! We are working with county businesses to develop brochure centers. On a monthly basis, GCTPA will make arrangements to visit all centers to distribute your brochures.